2021 Opening Day Coming Soon!
- Thursday, 06 May 2021
- Written by Kestrel Lodge
Well folks, things seem to be opening up and with any luck Kestrel Lodge will open its gates for the first time this in 2021 on the 17th of May.
As such, we are now taking bookings from the 17th of May.
We are taking deposits and if for any Covid related reason we can’t open these can be transferred but won’t be refunded I'm afraid. We would however suggest booking because--just like last year--we are reducing the number of pitches we will take due to Covid-19 and social distancing measures. The reduction in numbers will allow for plenty of space between pitches and also so we can work the toilets and showers differently again to make sure social distancing can be adhered to. This does mean the few spaces that we have are booking up quickly. Especially the electric pitches, so do please call, and call early to book if that is what you’re looking for.
Another measure we’ve brought in to comply with Covid-19 social distancing measures for this year is that we are not taking multiple pitch bookings at this time. If guidelines change, we will adapt with them as things are somewhat fluid but for now, we think this is the best course of action to avoid confusion and to keep both you and us as safe as we can, and also to keep in line with our quiet site policy. We don't take big groups under normal circumstances, so we think this is a prudent measure this year.
What else are we doing around site to help combat Covid-19 as we ease out of what is hopefully the final lockdown? Much the same as we did last year, following great, positive feedback from the hundreds of guests who visited over the summer and thought the measures that we'd put in place made them feel safe, looked after as well as they could be in this environment, and still gave them the freedom to enjoy their holiday. So, here are the basics...
• More frequent cleaning of the bathroom and shower facilities implemented
• Disinfectant and cleaning equipment available for customers use at showers and bathrooms for their peace of mind if they wish to use it
• Hand sanitiser station outside bathrooms and washing up area for everyone’s use
• Dedicated waiting area for bathroom and shower facilities
• Signage around to remind everyone of minimum distances between tents
• A new system at the shop to ensure 2m social distancing measures
• Only taking pre-booked campers—no last minute turn ups
As you can see, we’ve worked hard to make this as safe as we can, and we’re looking forward to welcoming you all back to Kestrel Lodge, Bassenthwaite. So, to avoid disappointment please book soon.