Covid-19 Update for Kestrel Lodge
- Sunday, 31 May 2020
- Written by Kestrel Lodge
Well folks, things seem to be opening up and with any luck Kestrel Lodge will open its gates for the first time this in 2020 on the 4th of July.
As such, we are now taking bookings from the 4th of July—for tents only.
We are taking deposits and if for any reason we can’t open these can be transferred but won’t be refunded I'm afraid. We would however suggest booking because we are reducing the number of pitches we can take due to Covid-19 and social distancing measures. The reduction in numbers will allow for plenty of space between pitches and also so we can work the toilets and showers differently again to make sure social distancing can be adhered to. This does mean the few spaces that we have are booking up quickly. Especially the electric pitches, so do please call, and call early to book if that is what you’re looking for.
Another measure we’ve brought in to comply with Covid-19 social distancing measures for this year is that we are only taking bookings for single tents(families) and not multiple pitches. If guidelines change, we will adapt with them as things are somewhat fluid but for now, we think this is the best course of action to avoid confusion and to keep both you and us as safe as we can.
What else are we doing around site to help combat Covid-19?
• More frequent cleaning of the bathroom and shower facilities implemented
• Disinfectant and cleaning equipment available for customers use at showers and bathrooms for their peace of mind if they wish to use it
• Hand sanitiser station outside bathrooms and washing up area for everyone’s use
• Dedicated waiting area for bathroom and shower facilities
• Signage around to remind everyone of minimum distances between tents
• A new system at the shop to ensure 2m social distancing measures
• Only taking pre-booked campers—no last minute turn ups
As you can see, we’ve worked hard to make this as safe as we can, and we’re looking forward to welcoming you all back to Kestrel Lodge, Bassenthwaite. So, to avoid disappointment please book soon.