Skidda’ Round with Optional Extra’s
The Skidda loop is a great circuit at 15 miles from the tent flap and gets you to a point at the halfway where you can choose to add three miles to the top of Skidda’ or not.
Because let’s not forget 3 miles up, means 3 miles back down too!
1. From the campsite cross onto the Cumbrian way and head for Peter House Farm.
2. At the farm, cross the road and onto a very good path up to Dash Falls. The path is well signposted and popular with walkers too.
3. From Dash falls you continue to follow the path to Skiddaw House. The highest hostel in England.
4. At Skiddaw House, carry on across Lonescale Fell until you get to the car park at Underscar. Here’s where you can take the path up to the top of Skiddaw or not. If you do, it’s a really easy path to follow, up to the top and then back down again to the car park.
5. From the car park head down towards the Lake, through Millbeck and back to the A591. Turn right and head to Bassenthwaite Village, then back up to Kestrel Lodge.
Distance: 15 miles or 21 miles
MTB or road: MTB
Level: fair bit of climbing involved, especially if you add in the climb to the top of Skiddaw. The route itself though is fairly straight forward.